Nigerian Stock Exchange Ends Trading Week on a Bullish Note, Market Cap Gains N327.65 Billion – Nairametrics
At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian forex market closed positively amid selling and buying interest as the benchmark All-Share (ASI) appreciated by 159 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by 327.65 billion naira.
The NGX ASI closed at 40,221.17 points, reflecting a gain of 1.59% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market today, Thursday, September 30, 2021, the market value currently stands at 20.96 trillion naira compared to 20.63 trillion naira on the previous trading day. However, its year-to-date return (YTD) is currently set at -0.12%.
Market width closed positively as UPL led 20 CHAMS-dominated winners and 14 losers at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has lost -49.55 basis points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top winners
- UPL up + 9.82% to close at N1.23
- PHARMDEKO up – 9.81% to close at 2.35 N
- MAYBAKER up – 9.17% to close at N4.88
- SOVRENINS up – 9.09% to close at 0.24 N
- CHIPLC up – 7.55% to close at N0.57
NGX ASI Top losers
- CHAMS down -8.70% to close at 0.21N
- MANSARD down -4.12% to close at 2.33 N
- JAIZBANK down -3.23% to close at 0.60 N
- BREEDING down -2.69% to close at 2.17 N
- JAPAULGOLD down -2.22% to close at 0.44 N
Most traded NGX UPS by volume
- FBNH – 53,764,092 units
- TRANSCORP – 23,311,237 units
- GTCO – 19,417,684 units
- WAPIC – 18,271,474 units
- BENEFIT MB – 15,251,102 units
Most traded NGX ASIs by security
- DANGCEM – N1 127 564 173.20
- NESTLE – N569 455 387.60
- GTCO – N544.348.664.65
- FBNH – N430 464 213.95
- NB – N308 915 587.70
Market sentiment is trending towards the bulls, with the market differential favoring progressives, with 20 winners passing 14 losers.