NGX closes bullish as market cap grows by N252.42 billion
After two new highs in a row, the NGX closed on a positive note amid massive selling and buying interest as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated 112 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,730.55 points, reflecting 1.12% growth from the previous trading day and a year-to-date return (YTD) of 8.59%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by 252.42 billion naira. As of today’s market close, Tuesday, November 9, 2021, the market value currently stands at 22.82 trillion naira compared to 22.57 trillion naira on the previous trading day.
Market width closed positively as ABCTRANS led 24 BERGER-dominated winners and 16 losers at the end of today’s session. The stock market has gained 3,459.83 basis points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top winners
- ABCTRANS up + 10.00% to close at 0.33 N
- FTNCOCOA up + 10.00% to close at 0.44 N
- ARDOVA up + 7.38% to close at 14.55 N
- UACN up + 7.14% to close at 11.25 N
- BREEDING up + 6.83% to close at N2.19
NGX ASI Top losers
- BERGER down -9.52% to close at 8.55 N
- CAVERTON down -9.09% to close at 1.70N
- UPL down – 7.39% to close at N2.13
- REGALINS down -6.82% to close at 0.41N
- CONOIL down –5.65% to close at 21.70 N
Most traded NGX UPS by volume
- STERLING – 83 312 950 units
- UACN – 34,207,385 units
- ZENITHBANK – 17,477,615 units
- UCAP – 17,450,023 units
- ACCESS – 15,272,567 units
Most traded NGX UPS by value
- MTNN – N1 076 957 731.10
- ZENITHBANK – N427 157 003.15
- UACN – N360,536,281.95
- AIRTEL – N225 381 648.60
- UCAP – N169 806 595.20
Market sentiment is trending towards the bulls, with the market differential favoring advances, with 24 winners exceeding 16 losers.