FMCGs lead winners as market cap grows by 89.53 billion naira – Nairametrics
As companies begin to report quarterly earnings, we are seeing mixed reactions in the market as investors begin to react positively or negatively to reported earnings and expectations from companies that have yet to report earnings.
The Nigerian forex market closed on a positive note amid massive selling and buying interest, as the benchmark All-Share (ASI) rose by 41 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 41,961.14 points, reflecting 0.41% growth from the previous trading day and a cumulative return (YTD) of 4.02%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by 89.53 billion naira.
As of today’s market close, Thursday, October 28, 2021, the market value currently stands at 21.90 trillion naira compared to 21.81 trillion naira on the previous trading day.
Market width closed positively as GUINNESS led 21 winners and 13 losers dominated by MANSARD at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has gained 1,690.42 basis points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top winners
- GUINNESS + 10.00% to close at N33.00
- CADBURY up + 10.00% to close at N8.8
- UPL up + 10.00% to close at N1.98
- AIICO up + 9.71% to close at N1.13
- NB up + 6.37% to close at N54.25
NGX ASI Top losers
- MANSARD down -6.02% to close at 2.34 N
- JAPAUL down –4.44% to close at 0.43 N
- COURTVILLE down -4.35% to close at 0.44 N
- MBENEFIT down –3.45% to close at 0.28 N
- LASACO down -2.50% to close at N1.17
Most traded NGX UPS by volume
- FBNH – 162,608,406 units
- TRANSCORP – 115 685 377 units
- CILEASING – 63,441,557 units
- UBA – 60,027,017 units
- ACCESS – 28 970 883 units
NGX ASI Top traded by value
- FBNH – N1,872,995,970.90
- UBA – N509,397,315.75
- CILEASING – N291,824,211.45
- ACCESS – N273 322 117.00
- MTNN – N227,165,159.10
Market sentiment is trending towards the bulls with the market differential favoring advances as 21 winners exceed 13 losers.