First Bank shares maintain rally, pushing market cap to naira 80.36 billion – Nairametrics
First Bank Plc traded more than 148 million units of its shares after today’s trading session valued at N 1.67 billion, making the Tier 1 bank the most traded shares, by volume and in value, on the stock exchange today.
Purchase interest on the bank’s shares pushed the price up 2.82% from the previous day’s closing price of N 10.65, to end the day at N 10.95, although the shares traded at 11.70 N during the trading session.
The Nigerian forex market closed on a positive note amid massive selling and buying interest, as the benchmark All-Share (ASI) rose 38 basis points. We saw the bulls dominate the bears in today’s trading session as the market size indicated a positive mood.
The NGX ASI closed at 41,051.19 points, reflecting 0.38% growth from the previous trading day and a cumulative annual return (YTD) of 1.94%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by 80.36 billion naira.
As of today’s market close, Wednesday October 13, 2021, the stock market value currently stands at 21.39 trillion naira compared to 21.31 trillion naira on the previous trading day.
Market width closed positively as TRANSCORP led 29 winners and 14 losers dominated by FTNCOCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has gained 780.47 basis points since the start of the year.
The best winners of the NGX ASI
- TRANSCORP up + 9.94% to close at 5.97 N
- CHAMPION up + 9.88% to close at N2.78
- CHIPLC up + 9.09% to close at N0.60
- OKOMUOIL up + 8.23% to close at N125.00
- UPL up + 6.67% to close at N1.60
The big losers of the NGX ASI
- FTNCOCOA down -8.00% to close at 0.46N
- ABCTRANS down -5.88% to close at 0.32N
- REGALINS down –5.00% to close at 0.38N
- IKEJAHOTEL down –4.55% to close at N1.05
- UNIVINSURE down –4.55% to close at 0.21 N
NGX ASI leads trade in volume
- FBNH – 148 354 222 units
- UNIVINSURE – 46,170,356 units
- ETI – 42,551,212 units
- GTCO – 32,605,359 units
- LOYALTY – 19,731,635 units
NGX ASI leads the way in terms of value
- FBNH – N1, 672 289 968.65
- GTCO – N923.010.070.10
- ETI – N316.092.067.45
- SEPLAT – N231 625 962.10
- MTNN – N183 099 657.40
Market sentiment is trending towards the bulls, with the market differential favoring progressives, with 29 winners overtaking 14 losers.