Bulls gain the upper hand as NGX market cap gains N104.11 billion
The NGX closed on a positive note amid massive selling and buying interest, as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 46 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,308.29 points, reflecting 0.46% growth from the previous trading day and a cumulative annual return (YTD) of 7.54%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by 104.11 billion naira.
As of the close of trading today, Friday November 26, 2021, the market value is currently 22.6 trillion naira compared to 22.49 billion naira on the previous trading day.
Market width closed negatively as ROYALEX led 18 winners and 24 losers dominated by UPDCREIT at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has gained 3,037.57 basis points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top winners
- ROYALEX up + 10.00% to close at 0.55 N
- ABCTRANS up + 10.00% to close at 0.33 N
- AIICO up + 9.38% to close at 0.70 N
- UPL up + 8.89% to close at 2.94 N
- REGALINS up + 7.69% to close at 0.42 N
NGX ASI Top losers
- UPDCREIT down -9.82% to close at 5.05N
- CHAMPION down -5.90% to close at 2.55 N
- UPDC down – 5.07% to close at 1.31 N
- FTNCOCOA down – 4.76% to close at 0.40 N
- VERITASKAP down –4.55% to close at 0.21 N
Most traded NGX UPS by volume
- FCMB – 81,049,621 units
- GTCO – 29,528,684 units
- ACCESS – 28 109 467 units
- HONYFOUR – 16,837,888 units
- ZENITHBANK – 13,154,982 units
Most traded NGX UPS by value
- GTCO – N738.316,343.80
- NESTLE – N666 178,796.80
- AIRTELAFRI – N394,539,306,20
- ZENITHBANK – 320 167 585.90 N
- ACCESS – N253 848 149.80
Market sentiment is trending bullish despite the market differential in favor of the bearish as 18 winners overtake 24 losers.